Although the ability of ESP (extrasensory perception) can be common to many people, the Psi Sensitive is probably the living embodiment of ESP. The focus of this psychic is, well, extrasensory perceptions—powers having to do with detection and sensing of the innate supernatural and paranormal that plague this world from the shadows. Some cultures called it the ‘third eye’—these characters don’t know what to call it. They are the most likely to see a ghost, smell a werewolf or feel the presence of a vampire, before anyone else. They are sensitive to the supernatural and the paranormal with amazing accuracy. Many Psi-Sensitives call it a curse and others think of it as a blessing. To some it is simply who they are and they cannot change it and still to others, they consider it some sort of destiny. Whatever the reasons, these characters have innate abilities to perceive the supernatural and the paranormal world as easily as humans see the real world.
Special P.C.C. Bonuses & Abilities:
1. Powers List: As with all P.C.C.’s, psychic abilities are selected from a list. The following is a list of the psychic abilities that are available to a Psi-Sensitive character and the P.P.E. cost to buy them is in parenthesis:
Advanced Trance State (10)
Group Mind Block (22)
Group Trance (15)
Mind Bond (10)
P.P.E. Shield (10)
Psi Invisibility (10)
Psi Omni Sight (15)
Death Trance (1)
Detect Psionics (6)
Psychic Diagnosis (4)
Suppress Fear (8)
Any Sensitive Powers (Cost is equal to casting cost)
2. Sensitive to the Supernatural: This ability is a very unique power exclusive to the Psi-Sensitive. This ability will alert the psychic to the presence of the supernatural, psychics and/or magic (including mages) within a 300-foot radius. This power doesn’t let the psychic know the distance or the amount of things in the radius, they just are aware of its presence. The psychic also automatically senses when they are being probed, a melee attack before it happens. This power also has a con to it. Because the character is so sensitive to magic, psychics and the supernatural, they will sometimes feel momentary periods of physical weakness, whenever they sense something that is overwhelmingly more powerful than they are. This includes a creature or character (psychic or magic) that is 5 levels higher than they are or has 10× more I.S.P. than they do (or 10× more P.P.E. if a mage). This weakness takes effect immediately the moment the creature/character steps into the psychic’s radius. The psychic will lose one attack per melee instantly when this happens. Subsequent senses will not affect the psychic; only the first time will affect them. Once the sensitive senses that powerful a creature/character once, their distinct supernatural signature will be known and will not affect them again; unless a reasonable amount of time has passed since the first sensing. This time interval is determined by the GM.
3. P.P.E.: Psi-Sensitive characters will start with a base P.P.E. equal to their P.E. + M.E. + 3D6. They also gain 1D6 more P.P.E. per level of experience.
4. I.S.P.: Psi-Sensitive characters start with a base I.S.P. equal to their M.E.×2 + 1D6 I.S.P. per level of experience.
5. Other Bonuses: +2 to save vs. Horror Factor. +3 to save vs. Possession. +1 to save vs. Magic. An additional +1 Horror Factor at levels 4, 7, 10 and 13; an additional +1 to save vs. Psychic Attacks at levels 2, 5, 8, 11 and 14; and an additional +1 to save vs. Magic at levels 4, 7, 10 and 13. +10 Sanity Points when initially creating this character.
Psi Sensitive P.C.C.
Also Known As: Psi-Hounds, Readers, Telepaths, Empaths and many others.
Alignment Restrictions: None, but tend toward Good.
Attribute Requirements/Bonuses: M.E. of 15 or higher. If lower than 15 adjust to 15.
O.C.C. Programs: The character may roll on the education table or if the GM allows it, they may select an appropriate Education Level to go with the characters' background.
Secondary Skills: Select 1D4+4. Some skills are not usually available as secondary skills, but MIGHT be made available if there is a reasonable explanation for it.